Report Suspicious Account Activity
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT FRAUD
If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, contact us right away with this information at hand:
- Your account number(s)
- Your debit card number
- Amount involved in the fraudulent activity
- Date the activity took place
- Pen and paper to write down the case number we give you
If you have detected:
- Lost or stolen checks, debit card or ATM card
- Unauthorized check or debit card activity
- Unauthorized withdrawal from an account
- Unauthorized wire transfer of funds
- Fraudulent activity related to your commercial loan
- Identity theft
Immediately report suspicious activity:
- Install anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spyware on your computer system along with firewalls.
- Keep your software patched and up to date.
- Do not click on links or attachments in emails from unknown individuals.
- Never give information via phone or email to someone you do not know.
- If you are suspicious of a caller, hang up and call the company's main number.
- Always confirm payment instructions over the phone with a verified individual.
- Never exchange confidential information via unencrypted email.
- Use all Texas Hill Country Bank fraud protection tools: dual control, Positive Pay, ACH Filter, email and text alerts and setting dollar limits.
Other useful contacts
- Fraud Center – 24/7 debit card activity monitoring may reach out to you regarding unusual and/or suspicious activity. If we suspect unusual and/or suspicious activity, you will be contacted by one of these communication channels:
- Via Text Message – 96923
- Via Email – The Fraud Center's phone number will be included in the email you receive.
- Via Phone – The call may appear on your phone as a 1-800 phone number.
- FTC Identity Theft Site
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Online Banking Best Practices PDF
In the instance that you are unable to reach Texas Hill Country Bank (830-257-4771), and need to report your card lost or stolen, you may do so on Texas Hill Country Bank Mobile App or by calling the Fraud Center at 1-888-297-3416.